Wednesday, November 13, 2013

A Celebration

Often we celebrate on account of the things we avoid. As a species we avoid self-indulgence, it is treated as an evil, a sin. Every one has at one point completed something "amazing" on the spectrum of what we can achieve, small or large. A kid isn't taught to gloat, he's taught to respect his humility. But it is never appropriate to celebrate. I celebrate, I honor, I remember the accomplishments I have done, not those I haven't. I celebrate the individual and the whole, the community that I'm apart of. I celebrate that that I can look back upon and tell to all I know, that was me, that was what I was. And what I will remember myself as is what I am currently. I celebrate all I am, not what I'm not.

2 comments:

  1. I had a fun time reading this one. Felt really different a more thoughtful than other pieces, so it really stood out. I'd keep up this kind of writing, it suits you. Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Explain what you mean by the first sentence. Does it mean that we celebrate because of things we don't do (for the better)? How does that relate to celebrating oneself?

    ReplyDelete